Oil for the machine – getting along with others
2 or 3-day workshop
At work, at home, in society, the need for effective communication is paramount. You want to get what you want, as quickly and smoothly as possible. There are techniques to oil the machine and when you master them, your message will be clear, credible and with the proper authority to motivate others. We will discuss many of those techniques, practice and master them.
The tenets of communication you’ll learn here can help you ensure clarity in your message, avoid misunderstandings, express your requirements and influence others.
It starts with self control. This can be learned! With the knowledge and techniques in this course, you will learn how to make the right impression and motivate people to action by being a good listener and using the correct rhetoric and non-verbal language.
We will explore our own as well as others’ communication styles. You will practice the skills that increase your understanding of the behaviors of others, learn to project yourself effectively in crucial situations in the working environment and your personal life. In this course you will learn how best to deliver a message of any kind, planned or spontaneous.
- Increase your personal impact and credibility
- Speak fluently and confidently even under stress
- Get into “rapport” with anyone
- Handle difficult meetings sensitively and constructively
- Overcome conflict and learn to deal with problem situations
- Dealing with difficult people
- Assertiveness techniques – make your point with measured authority
- Maximize your verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Give and receive feedback constructively
- How to deliver bad news
- Motivate others to action with a few simple NLP techniques
- Pre-course self-evaluation – designed to give you something to think about and save precious time!
- Vocal hygiene – a resonating voice is taken more seriously!
- Self-Questionnaire + Discussion: The various types of people and communication styles; how we can adapt to be more effective
- Identify conflicts before it’s too late and how to deal with them
- Game: “Who cares?” Demonstrate the power of speaking from your gut and make people want to listen to you
- The 4 Barriers to Communication and how to overcome them
- Take Me, Please!” – a game to identify your own and other people’s working styles
- Use your voice (inflection/intonation/pausing) to effectively make your point
- Communication filters and how to use them to your advantage
- Active Listening: a skill everyone should train and perfect
- Feedback: how to give and receive constructive criticism
- “SOFTEN” technique – to win friends and influence people
- Recognizing, avoiding and repairing misunderstandings and conflicts
- Assertiveness: techniques on how to achieve this extremely important state
- Cialdini’s 6 Principles of Persuasion: more info
- Giving and receiving bad news
- Overcoming objections
- Dealing with difficult people – The “AAAA” attack
- Referential (re)framing – how to use it effectively
- Non-verbal communication – read, identify and understand the other person’s body language and turn it in our favor
- The Seven Body Language signals of Success
- Dealing over the telephone – avoid mistakes and get to business
- Manipulation and how to avoid it
- Various Role-playing games to practice our techniques
- Video Training: Practicing these examples and techniques in front of the camera
- Post-course worksheet – ideas to take home with you; keep up-to-date on yourself and measure your own progress
Experiential training by role-playing and resolving model negotiation situations. The role-plays (in pairs and teams) are recorded and monitored by video-camera. Recorded tapes are immediately analysed by the trainer with appropriate feedback.
Various diagnostics and reviews will be used at regular intervals. These are designed to encourage the participants to learn from each other.
The trainer focuses on revealing and repeating correct courses of action and communication techniques, using the most useful formulations, the best objection handling, verbal and non-verbal signals analyses.
Feedback is encouraged in all workshops and seminars. Everyone attending is kindly asked to participate and give feedback. There is space for everyone.
To request more information on this course: